Click each link for an assignment description.
|Assignment||Due date||Percentage of final grade|
|Attendance and participation||ongoing||15%|
|Individual presentation and textual analysis paper||varies by student (paper due two weeks after presentation)||15%|
|Visual analysis of medieval monster images||F. Sept. 22||10%|
|Materiality analysis||M. Oct. 16||10%|
|High Museum spatial analysis||M. Nov. 6||10%|
|Exhibit of Pre-Raphaelite art with introductory video||M. Nov. 20||10%|
|Chaucer's ABC project||M. Dec. 4||15%|
|Final project: revised and expanded essay||M. Dec. 11, 5pm||15%|
For the above formal writing assignments that comprise 85% of your final grade, you will earn letter grades. Individual assignments will have their own assignment sheets which will articulate the standards for grading a particular assignment, but the following is a general description of the standards for each letter grade:
- Work that earns the grade of “A” will be substantially above average, well exceeding all of the expectations of the assignment.
- Work that earns the grade of “B” will be above average, meeting the assignment requirements and exceeding some of them.
- Work that earns the grade of “C” will be satisfactory, meeting the basic requirements of the assignment.
- Work that earn the grade of “D” will be unsatisfactory, not fully meeting all of the basic requirements of the assignment.
- Work that earns the grade of “F” will be far below satisfactory, falling substantially short of the basic requirements of that assignment.
Grades will be posted to Canvas.
|POINTS/PERCENTAGE||LETTER GRADE||EMORY POINT SCALE|